Latest news and updates.


Join our discussion:     Login / Register


Safety presentation for safety meetings and safety trainings. 

Welcome to the Safetyman's Corner. For you comments and suggestions send us an email. Send Mail

The Safetyman's Corner welcomes safety articles and write ups from authors and safety professionals. Submitted articles and write ups will be reviewed by our editors and will be posted at our website.

How to submit an article:

  1. Send it to
  2. Post it directly at Safetyman's Corner Forum

Submission Guidelines:

OSHA fines establishment for repeated violations on LOTO standards

BUFFALO, N.Y. - On Dec. 16, 2015, an employee of a commercial bakery at Rochester, New York sustained broken bones in her hand and arm while cleaning an operating conveyor belt and roller. While cleaning the machine, her hand was caught in between the belt and the roller and the machine pulled it in. 

Electrician Electrocuted at the Airport

An electrician identified as Joseph Pingitore, 61, was electrocuted and pronounced dead at the scene while testing a string of lights at taxiway A at Westchester County Airport on the afternoon of Thursday, June 30, 2016. Pingitore was a 40-year employee of Verde Electric Corp., a Mount Vernon based electrical contractor. He was called to the airport to do maintenance on lights they had intalled.

According to county officials, Pingitore went to investigate one of the lights at taxiway A that was out. While opening and inspecting the light assembly, he was electrocuted and died.

Subscribe to Safetyman's Corner RSS

All scaffolding must be erected, dismantled and altered in a safe manner and must be in compliance with company standards and applicable regulatory requirements.

Compressed gas cylinders are used to store gases for use in various processes and applications.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that about 2,000 US workers are involve in a work-related eye injury that requires medical attention each day.

Slips, Trips and Fall are among the common hazards that results to injury at home.